Thursday 13 February 2014

Of mist, and rain no more

      In. Broadstairs again today, briefly. Where yesterday, all was heavy mist, and mystery. Spooky, sad, ghost stories personified weather. Guess what I saw today though?  I saw the sun, and not one drop of rain. I could see the entire sea before me, with excellent definition between the water, and the sky. OK, the sea was still rather grey, still a little angry looking for a while. Except today, there were no large breakers, no foaming waves, and high winds. Therefore, no harassed little pilot boat looking for trouble on the water, thank goodness. Wth definitely no rain in sight. 
       I must admit, it was quite a surprise. Today, I was tired, I do have tired days, unfortunately. So, I decided to relax, no blogging, no Internet. Simply sit, drink coffee, and to read the paper. I really enjoyed the rest. What it is they say, 'a change is as good as a rest', how true! It was a nice change, instead of being under pressure to be on line, composing something, my blogs, nearly everyday day. Some days, to compose two, for my two blog sites.
        Oh don't get me wrong, I love writing, I get the urge to write all the time. I don't know about writers block, I get the writers runs! Sorry, a joke in poor taste perhaps. Regardless, this is where, only you, dear readers, can tell me if it's rubbish, or English. Who remembers that old joke. I speak two languages....English...and Rubbish! It could be true in my case, but I hope not.
         Back to today's trip out. No shopping to do, as I did it two days ago. My goodness how the grocery bills have risen! No, that's a blog for another day. Today, it was only a daily paper to buy, and a bottle of milk. Tired, and using it to my advantage, I delegated even that small task. As I said, deciding to relax, to enjoy the ambience of one of my favourite places. 
          A pleasant hour later, as I sat engrossed in the news, and the sight of people coming, and going. Being able to actually see a fair number of people coming in today. Being aware of the bustle of changing tables, and food, or drinks being delivered, listening to laughter, and conversations around me. Something I do often, as a writer, I am interested in how people interact. As for listening to conversations, it's impossible not too. People talk so loudly. As well as have very private conversations on their phones, for all to hear. Sometimes I blush to hear their secrets, and their thoughts. Sometimes, I wish they would just keep down the volume, because I really don't want so many intrusions on my thoughts. Not much chance of that I fear.
            Eventually, I looked up again to the day outside the window. To my further surprise, not only was the sun actually shining,  but I saw blue sky. A great deal of blue sky. A wonderful French blue, with only minimal small, fluffy clouds here, and there. Little soft feather pillows of clouds, baby clouds, they were. It is so long since is saw a sky like that, I was entranced. It actually gave me hope for an end coming to this wet, and angry weather. After all, who wants to be angry all the time, or to have angry happening around you. Not me! Whether it is weather, or people.Not you either, I'm sure.
             We all like to have a nice, and milder day don't we. A dry day, a windless day, a clear day. Ahhh, the pleasure of it. Two pleasures in one day. A nice relaxing hour, or two, with a bright, and happy day outside.
            If the bad weather comes back again tomorrow, as it is supposed to do, at least I have seen some blue! I have seen some happy.
            Wishing you all happy days, and blue skies where you are.

1 comment: