Friday 5 September 2014

Come back brasil!

     Windy, chilly....at least for Brasil. That was yesterday. I, my family and some freinds went out to dinner, sitting outside o eat, the wind nearly blew our dinner off our plates! Quite apt, as we were frequenting a Swiss restaurant. One I had not discovered myself. Where they serve lovely crisp potato rosti and large smoked sausage. It was yum! Of course, I am not exactly truthful there, our dinner stayed on the plates ok, even though the table cloths and our hair went all over the place.  Most people wrapped up during the evening, out came the jumpers and the shawls. Not me of course, I like the wind..well, I'm English and after a steamy day it was nice to cool down. We have a lot of that in England, wind I mean. But, let's not get into that.....let's leave politics out of this narrative.
     Overnight, the wind kept up, it howled, shutters banged, things fell and rain came down amongst the storm. I thought I was a back in England. Not that I disliked it, it was quite nice, it felt cosy inside my little house. It kept me awake though as something nearby was bang, bang, banging. I think it's quite true the wind, when it blows like that stirs up your spirit, makes you crazy. When I was teaching, the windy days were the worst. Small children in particular, always ran around like banshees. Careering into each other, or fences, making too much noise and screaming in excitement. It was those days we liked to avoid being on playground duty. There would be more upsets, more falls, more problems in general. We couldn't pin them to the Tarmac to keep them still could we. The larger children and teenagers were little better though, they had no concentration at all. You might just as well get them all outside doing something active than trying to sit and study. Well, last night I felt a bit like that. A bit crazy, I couldn't relax, even though I was very tired after a bad night the night before. No, very little sleep for me I'm afraid, but I'll survive. You always do don't you.
        Today it's still blowing, but less. Raining on and off too. As I said, it's like being back in England. I am actually wearing two layers, trousers and trainers instead of sandals and tees. I was cold this morning, couldn't get warm, so on went the clothes. Now it's lunchtime, and still the wind is blowing raindrops on the breeze. Leaves hurdle around in crazy circles, along with bits of newspaper and such rubbish. The big tree overhead, full with red skinned fruit, bounces with a lot of noise on the tin roof above me. Keeps me alert I suppose. Still, this constant wind should gradually clear the streets a bit. Although where the blown rubbish ends up, I have no idea. Perhaps it only changes places with rubbish somewhere else.
         Well I have sat here long enough, time to walk now. Ooops, more fruit crashing down overhead, rolling accross the street. I wonder if it's bringing down the coconuts as well? These little fruits, about the size of a plum, would give you a fright if they hit you. But a coconut would do much worse than that. Must remember not to walk under any trees.......No really, I won't be careful. Can't live your life looking for trouble can you. 
                  This is a miniature coconut tree, but usually they are three times this hight.
            Ahhhh, the rain has stopped, people are walking along the street again. Time to stop writing and start moving. Ahh maybe not, maybe I will have some more coffee first. At least the coffee is good in Brasil. Served in those tiny cups, strong and hot, with both sugar and bottled liquid sweetener for your use. Sweetener which gets into your pores from handling the bottle. So that for hours afterwards you taste the ultra sweet taste, it's too much. It drives me crazy, there is not always somewhere converient to wash your hands. Still, a small problem in the grand scheme of things. My solution, use sugar instead. You need so little in those tiny cups it is nothing to worry about.
           Have a good day out there folks....me, I'm enjoying the breeze before the heat blasts back again. Like England or not, I don't care, crazy or not, why worry.....I take some pride in being halfway to crazy already!
           Have fun now.........
              You can't see the wind blowing  the trees here, but believe me, it was.
         Bye for now


     

No comments:

Post a Comment